Breaking News

keepass download | latest version


keepass there are online cloud-based options for storing your passwords such as LastPass but if you're not comfortable hosting all of your passwords in the cloud then KeePass is a great free offline password manager for Windows Mac and Linux keepass uses military-grade AES and two-fish algorithms to encrypt its password databases to secure your database you can either use a master password or a key file KeePass is also portable .

so you can install it on a USB stick and carry that around with you at all times there are versions of KeePass download for Android and iOS as well such as KeePass droid and Mini key pass key pass makes it really easy to store and organize your passwords in various categories and using different icons get your free copy of key pass by going to their official website KeePass dot info once you're there click on the download section here you can choose what type of download you want key pass as an installer or portable if you want to put it on a USB Drive 

View: keepass

instructions for setup 

setup double click on the shortcut that was created deep-ass will begin to compile and then ask you if you want to enable automatic update checks click on enable it will run a quick check and now we're going to keep us to create a database click on file and click on new go ahead and select okay and now you need to choose where your database will be stored in my case .

I created a papercut folder within My Documents folder once you have chosen where you want to store your database create a file name i will use master p once you've named your database click Save from here you need to create a master password alright in our case we're gonna go ahead and create a very simple password .


so I can remember this as we go through the demo and we're gonna use ABC if you ever need to see your password select the Eclipse after you've entered your password go ahead and repeat your password and then go ahead and hit OK .

finally we just need to name the database again and select ok here you can see that keepass wants us to print the information that we just entered it is a good idea but in this case for the demo I will click on skip alright but we can see KeePass created to sample entries and some subfolders .


I'm gonna take a second to clean this all up so we can have one folder called master P and there we go nice and tidy one folder called master P to add an entry right click in the main window and click on add entry the first thing you need to do is title your entry I'm gonna use my gmail account so I'm gonna go ahead and enter that after you titled your entry.

you'll need to enter in the username for the site that you're going to access once you've entered in your username go ahead and enter in your password if you need to see your password go ahead and click on the Eclipse if you want to change your password go ahead and click on the generator from here you can actually generate multiple different size passwords you can also open the generator and include or exclude anything that you want from your password .


now since I'm going to enter my password I'm gonna go ahead and hide it from you and do so once you put in your password you need to go out to the site that you're going to access and grab the URL I'll do this by opening a browser and typing in Google I'll select Google and then go out to their sign-in page once there I'm going to go up to the top of the browser I'm gonna highlight the URL 

and hit ctrl C minimize the browser and hit control V to paste the URL I use the notes section for any secondary information for example if the site requires your mother's maiden name where your friend from 25 years ago this is where I would put that the last thing you can do is actually set an expiration date this is not Boyd the entry .


it does not disable the entry it just reminds you that you should change your password or this entry I'll check expire and I'll set it to six months finally I'll hit OK last thing you need to do is save the entry and you have now added your first entry step 4 let's test it alright now that we have it set up let's go ahead and test it I'll do this three different ways first I'll use a copy and paste method second use a browser extension and third I'll use a mobile device .

all right first copy and paste so for the copy and paste method KeePass actually did something pretty cool you double click on your username or your password KeePass will copy the information to your clipboard for 12 seconds after 12 seconds it will delete the information this is really nice .


when you're trying to copy and paste your username or password into the site you're trying to gain access to I'm gonna go ahead and open up notepad and demonstrate this I'll double click on the password grab notepad and begin to paste as soon as that timer runs up though I will no longer be able to pace I'll remove the information begin to paste again and you'll notice that once the timer's up we no longer .
can paste the password anymore you're pretty cool solution but not ideal you're not gonna use this every single time the browser extension ok for the browser extension we already have our browser still open so go ahead and grab that again click on your settings and go to add-ons then go to extensions and underneath the extension search for key fox once you found key pops go ahead and install it.


you can now see the browser is asking permission to install key fox I will say add what's happening here is KeePass wants to authorize mozilla to access our usernames and passwords to grant mozilla access i'm going to come down to keep ask where there is now another window open I'm gonna grab the actual password and hit ctrl C I'm gonna go back to my browser and hit ctrl B and I will hit connect now since we still have the site open I'm just gonna go back to that and show .




No comments

Typically replies in a few hours